The IEEE Systems and Information Engineering Design Symposium (SIEDS'06) is a student-focused international forum for applied research, development, and design in Systems and Information Engineering. The Symposium is the leading showcase for undergraduate and Master's graduate design projects, such as capstone design courses, or as baccalaureate, honors, or design-oriented graduate theses. Faculty, industry, and government project advisors are welcome coauthors.
Contributed papers are solicited that apply diverse methodologies, including:
- Data Mining and Statistics
- Simulation and Stochastic Modeling
- Human Factors and Cognitive Engineering
- Mathematical Modeling and Optimization
- Risk Analysis, Technology Management, and Policy
8 - 9 AM: Registration and Breakfast
9 - 10 AM: Plenary
Scott Ferber, CEO, Advertising.com
10 AM - 12 PM: Session
12 - 1 PM: Box Lunch
1 - 3 PM: Session
3 - 5 PM: Break
5 - 6 PM: Reception
6 - 9 PM: Conference Dinner
Scott Irwin, Partner, El Dorado Ventures
Full Program Schedule
OF SPECIAL NOTE
- Awards for Best Paper will be presented for each track.
- Student Travel scholarships are available on limited basis.
The Symposium will be held on the grounds of the historic University of Virginia, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Parking vouchers for the Newcomb Hall parking garage will be provided to all attendees of the conference.
Symposium attendees are responsible for making their own overnight accommodation arrangements.
NEW LODGING INFORMATION
- Darden Executive Lodging, Phone Number 434-243-5000-currently this on-grounds facility has rooms available the night of 4/27. There is a possibility that rooms will free up the night of 4/28 if you call closer to the date of the SIEDS conference. The rate is $110/night + tax.
- Comfort Inn at Route 250 & I64, Phone Number 434-977-3300-this facility located 10 minutes (by car) from grounds currently has an ample supply of rooms available. The rate is $84.96/night + tax on Thursday, 4/27, and $149.95 on Friday 4/28.
- Sleep Inn at 5th St and I64, Phone number 434-244-9969-this facility located 10 minutes (by car) from grounds currently has an ample supply of rooms available. The rate is $94.99/night + tax on both Thursday, 4/27, and Friday 4/28.
Other area accommodations and information can be found here: http://www.charlottesvilletourism.org.
MAPS and DIRECTIONS
Symposium fees reflect the student focus (and student participation) of SIEDS'06. Registration will include one copy of CD-ROM Proceedings and admission to all conference functions, including an evening banquet and breaks.
- Student $75
- IEEE Member (non-student) $100
- All Others $150
Corporate sponsorship is invited. Please contact the Symposium Committee for more information.
List of Submitted Papers
(not available online)
April 17, 2006: Deadline for registration for the symposium.
Online registration NOW AVAILABLE.
April 14, 2006: Deadline for submission of a complete manuscript, as per the following:
All papers are submitted electronically through the PaperCept conference Manuscript Management System. See the Author's Kit for more information.
General Chair: W.T. Scherer
Sponsorship Chair: D. E. Brown
Finance Chair: P. Beling
Program Chair: A. Garcia
Publications Chair: M. DeVore
INCOSE Liaison: G. E. Louis
Local Arrangements Chair: S.D. Patek
National Science Foundation (Division of Design, Manufacture and Industrial Innovation), Appian Corporation, and Lockheed Martin.
For more information contact:
SIEDS'06 Symposium Committee
Department of Systems and Information Engineering
University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400747
151 Engineer's Way
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Phone: (434) 924-5393
Fax: (434) 982-2972
Sample past Proceedings papers on-line
The Plenary and selected sessions will be available after the event as a multimedia WebCast, including presentation slides synchronized with audio/video. The WebCast is being sponsored by TapHere! Technology, a leader in the web-based production of academic, scientific, and healthcare multimedia presentations.